What Is the Saudi Arabian General Investment Authority (SAGIA) & Why Is It Important?
If your company is currently present in or planning to move into Saudi Arabia for foreign investment opportunities, you know the Kingdom is a complex market with an intricate cultural framework. As a foreign investor, the Saudi business world can be complicated to navigate — especially in its current period of economic transformation.
To make meaningful connections in Saudi business, you must understand the policies at play for foreign direct investment (FDI) in Saudi Arabia. Here’s what you need to know about the Kingdom’s investment agency, SAGIA, and how it relates to your endeavors.
What Is the Saudi Arabian General Investment Authority (SAGIA)?
As the Kingdom’s official investment promotion agency, the Saudi Arabian General Investment Authority (SAGIA) is responsible for expanding and improving the investment sphere both in Saudi Arabia and internationally. The agency primarily promotes three crucial functions:
- Improving the Kingdom’s competitiveness for global investment by making it a more attractive investment destination for international investors
- Expanding the value proposition and service quality offered to potential investors
- Offering new investment opportunities to attract both businesses and investors, which can help the Kingdom meet its economic diversification goals
How Can SAGIA Assist Investors Looking for FDI Opportunities in Saudi Arabia?
SAGIA is crucial to the Kingdom’s transformative goals, but you may also be wondering why SAGIA is important to your own ventures. As a foreign investor with interests in the Saudi Arabian market, you should know that the agency provides a variety of services to advance your business endeavors, including:
- Preparing for field visits with the investor and potential partners, coordinating set-up logistics and bookings and planning meetings with stakeholders and ministries
- Assisting in connecting investors with Saudi businesses and professional services
- Providing economic information and reports to assist with your investments
- Providing incentives and support for investors
- Assisting with establishing a business in the Kingdom
- Assisting with location information like property guides and real estate agencies
- Helping find a suitable location for the business
How The Quincy Group Can Help Businesses With Foreign Direct Investment in Saudi Arabia
When you’re navigating the Saudi investment world, an in-depth understanding of customs and cultures is crucial. If you need further assistance from someone who understands this market, The Quincy Group is here to help you build the long-term business relationships you need. As an advisory business development and government relations firm focused solely on Saudi Arabia, we offer you:
- Extensive networks and partnerships throughout the Kingdom, which are built on a long history in the region
- The extension of trust and credibility for our clients operating in this region, which is supported by our decades-long cultivation of in-country relationships
- Knowledge and expertise combined with a persistent presence in Riyadh, where we operate a fully staffed office
- Operation in both the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the United States — we can offer support both at home and in the host country